Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In the Calm

This week finally marks a slowdown for things around here. The first part of May has been crazy. We enjoyed our time in Nashville last weekend, though it whipped us seeing how we didn't get back until 3:30 Sunday morning. Our youth group senior night was Sunday night. Two more whippersnappers out into the real world. It was nice.

I have had Clark yesterday and today. We have enjoyed some father/son time while mom went to the preschool.

While we were in Nashville I finally picked up Brian McLaren's A Generous Orthodoxy. Reading that will put me more up with things. I'm so out of the loop not having read it yet. I will be reading alongside my journey back into historical theology. The two actually go very nicely with each other. I have comments about both readings, so I'll make separate posts so those of you who don't care about my reflective reading can ignore them.

Mom heard from brother who seems to be faring well on his ocean adventure. Hopefully he is reading this and can comment from time to time. Andy, comment here. Ha ha. See ya.

No comments: