Saturday, September 29, 2007

Update

The past month has seemed like a blur. Things are happening so quickly and I just can't seem to slow down. Not exactly what I'd be hoping to say in my pursuit of simplicity. There are so many things in the world now to keep us busy. Technology continues a relentless onslaught of raping me of my time: email, pictures, video and editing, blogging (of course), I've joined the Facebook and My Space networks to keep up with friends and both of those projects seem unending on their own times.

Just trying to keep up with what's happening seems to be a losing battle. The big Jena story, Iran's president, Myanmar, Presidential discussions . . . and on and on the stories go. How is anyone able to keep up with all the information that we are bombarded with?

Leisure time has become a special asset since our kids were born. Now I find time to officiate football games, which I have especially enjoyed this year. Football, as I've said many times before, is my favorite time of the year. The past couple of weeks I've had the good fortune of spending a lot of time relaxing watching football games. Go Buckeyes. The Indians are headed for the playoffs - we have tickets to a possible game five :-) We're heading to the Browns game this weekend (and to Cedar Point). Next weekend we're heading to Nashville for the Zoe worship and leadership conference. All are much needed oasis of personal time. It's been awhile since we've devoted time to ourselves.

I look forward to posting some reflections here soon regarding the role of the powers and the New York Yankees, the Zoe conference speakers and sessions, the new Smallville season, and all kinds of other things. Just wanted folks to know that I'm still alive! Oh, and Michigan got beat by Appalachian State - how wonderful!

No comments: