Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I wonder if anything I believe is "true."
Sometimes I wonder if anything anyone believes is "true."
Sometimes I wonder why people try so hard to find what is "true."
Sometimes I wonder if there is more that is "true" outside of my church than inside.
Sometimes I wonder . . . what is the point?
Sometimes I wonder if Karl Marx was correct and I have spent my last decade doping up.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to be a Native American without so much blood on my hands.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to be ignorant and not ask so many questions.
Sometimes I wonder if that is exactly what other people wish that I would do.
Sometimes I wonder if I could possibly be a bigger hypocrite.
Sometimes I wonder why I find it so incredibly difficult to pray.
Sometimes I wonder why I find it so incredibly difficult to understand conservatives.
Sometimes I wonder why I find it so incredibly difficult to understand liberals.
Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to punch Rush Limbaugh.
Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to punch myself as hard as I could.
Sometimes I wonder what kind of person I would be if I wasn't an American.
Sometimes I wonder if I would be a better person if I had been raised in a different denomination.
Sometimes I wonder if I would be a better person if I had been raised in a different religion.
Sometimes I wonder why I can't shut my mouth.
Sometimes I wonder why I can't be sure about anything.
Sometimes I wonder why God has been so good to me.
Sometimes I wonder when He will choose to test me.
Sometimes I wonder if I should hold more principles at the center.
Sometimes I wonder why I hold so many there.
Sometimes I wonder why I sit before my computer at 1:00 am blogging.
Sometimes I think it is better to sleep than to wonder . . . especially at 1:00 am . . . time for bed.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Your post reminded me of Edgar Winter's "Dying to live."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opGVGKw_lDU

Let me know if you like it.

--Ron

The Metzes said...

Good tune . . . expresses my thoughts well - thanks

Abbey said...

Sounds like something that would come out of my head :)