Monday, March 29, 2010

Update

Life has gotten quite hectic over the past few months. The kids keep growing, and they keep us on our toes. If you didn't know, my wife directs the preschool at our church; Clark and Clementine both attend the preschool. Our youngest - Cecilia - gets to come along and hang out with Mary Beth and I in the office. I'm not sure I would change anything - but that all makes life quite hectic. We're out the door running with all three by about 8:30 in the morning. School starts at 9:00. It's over at 12:00. Folks are around until almost 1:00. We've got to feed the kids lunch. Mary Beth sticks around until 3:00 or as long as she can. Then I try to get a few more things done in the afternoon. I try to get out and visit folks most afternoons . . . or have meetings . . . or whatever. In the meantime, I also have to clean up from lunch and help Mary Beth get out the door with all three. We try not to complain, but it is a busy time, and it's hard to keep it all in balance. We need to enjoy it while it lasts, because the big pictures reminds me how fleeting it all is. Clark will begin Kindergarten next year. Cecilia will be in the preschool the following year, and then off we go. So . . . in the mean time, we do our best to get as much work done as possible, and still keep our sanity and our family intact. It's great to all be here together, but it limits what we can do quite a bit.

And, on top of all that, I began my doctorate of ministry degree program today. I will be pursuing a D. Min from Fuller Theological Seminary over the next several years. This, again, will limit my blogging. I've thought about cutting the whole thing out, but I still really enjoy connecting here and, more than anything, venting, exploring, and creating here. I look for more opportunities in the future - possibly overhauling things and changing it up . . .but again . . . time . . . time . . . time. So, in the meantime, I'll be posting a random link or post here on occasion. I've already enjoyed my reading for the current class and look forward to further teasing out my thoughts here.

My program emphasis is on missional leadership. I hope to study in the area of the missional church and the potential that we have in Churches of Christ for engaging that ministry paradigm-change. That is where I am in the beginning; we'll see where I end up. Thanks for all who check in here on occasion and I look forward to what the future has in store.

Also . . . I have turned in a book proposal to ACU Press in regards to some of the things I had posted here earlier in the year. I'm excited about the potential, but we'll see if there is any reason to be :-) It's a bit of a shot in the dark, but something I think is needed, and something that, hopefully, will go along with my direction of study well.

No comments: